No matter the time of year, there’s always something to do in Key West. However, certain times of year are known for attracting large crowds, so the team at Southernmost Inn recommends planning your visit for the slower times of year. Visiting in the off-season doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice any fun. For example, there’s no shortage of events and activities taking place in Key West in January.
The first month of the year is known for idyllic weather, with daily highs sitting around the mid-70s. Because it is after the holiday season, most of the large crowds have returned home, so you can explore all the activities and attractions here without fitting for availability. Keep reading to learn more about the adventures you can have when you stay at our adults-only hotel in January.
7 Things to Do in Key West
- Taking place in mid-January, the Florida Keys Seafood Festival is an excellent opportunity to try mouth-watering food. Head to Bayview Park to sample seafood caught and prepared by local anglers.
- The Key West Half Marathon attracts runners from all over. If you’re a runner, the half marathon and 5K courses offer a great view of the island. Don’t wait to sign up, as this has been known to sell out.
- Soak in the sunshine while wandering the booths found at the Key West Art & Craft Show. Taking place at the Truman Waterfront Park, the outdoor event features numerous artists showcasing their handmade items.
- Key West Food and Wine Festival, another popular foodie event, is an almost week-long event at the end of the month. Numerous food and wine-themed events showcase innovative cuisine and wine.
- Set out on a guided outing to see if you can spot dolphins playing in the Key West waters. Our guests have access to a special offer for Fury’s Dolphin Watch & Snorkeling Tour
- Enjoy a day at the beach without the crowds. Soak in the sun while reading your latest page turn, or cool off by going for a quick swim at places like Smathers Beach or Simonton Street Beach.
- No trip to Key West is complete without trying some key lime treats. Grab a slice of pie from the Key Lime Pie Bakery, or see what other kinds of goodies you can find at Kermit’s Key West Lime Shoppe.
Reserve Your Adults-Only Key West Escape
While the crowds can be smaller in Key West in January, we still recommend reserving your stay at Southernmost Inn as soon as possible. Our adults-only hotel in Old Town is near Duval Street and all the top attractions. See for yourself why guests come back time and time again.
Once an old cigar factory, our hotel has been transformed to have all the modern amenities you could want while retaining its old-world charm. Browse our range of accommodations, and call 888-525-0037 if you need help booking your getaway.