It’s not uncommon for people to have a fund dedicated solely to vacations. You need to save for flights, hotels, and fun money for when you arrive are your destination. However, the activities on your itinerary don’t have to break the bank. There is a wide variety of free things to do in Key West, and several of them are just a short distance away from Southernmost Inn.
A Checklist of Free Things to Do throughout Key West
Whether you’re enjoying a romantic getaway or a bachelor/bachelorette party with your closest friends, there is plenty to do and see during your vacation. Take advantage of the free things to do on the island to make the most out of your stay while saving a few bucks.
- Wander up and down Duval Street, exploring the shops that line the street.
- Key West is the southernmost city in the continental U.S. Make your way to the Southernmost Point Buoy to get your photo with the iconic landmark.
- Enjoy the nightly Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square. See magicians, jugglers, local musicians and artists, food vendors, and more as you enjoy this cultural experience that takes place every night at sunset.
- Go on a self-guided walking tour. Download the Florida Humanities Council app, which features a 12-stop walking tour and includes entertaining stories. Another option is the walking tour put together by A Happy Passport.
- Make your way to West Martello Gardens and Fort. This tropical paradise on the site of a former Civil War fort is free, but donations are always accepted. See the ruins of the fort and walk along the brick pathways to discover stunning courtyards and colorful foliage.
Take Advantage of the Amenities at Southernmost Inn
While there is a variety of free things to do in Key West, there are also fantastic things to enjoy right at Southernmost Inn. In addition to luxurious rooms, our adults-only hotel features two pools and a hot tub, continental breakfast, and 24-hour Starbucks coffee and tea. Make your stay even more memorable by taking advantage of one of our special offers and packages. Learn more about these promotions and booking your stay by calling 888-525-0037.