With the dates on the calendar flying by, the end of the year will be here before you know it. If you are already thinking about how you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve, why not treat yourself to a Key West getaway? This Florida island may be small, but it is filled with incredible things to do that’ll have you squeezing some last adventure into the year. Reserve your room at Southernmost Inn and start planning your final escape of the year.
The 5 Best Ways to Celebrate NYE
From creative “ball drops” to memorable outings, there are plenty of ways to say goodbye to the year in style.
- Make your way to Sloppy Joe’s Bar for a full day of fun. Enjoy live music starting at noon. As the clock gets closer to midnight, make your way outside to watch the annual Dropping of the Conch Shell.
- Schooner Wharf has its own version of this NYE tradition. This all-day affair kicks off at 11 a.m. with phenomenal live music that goes all day leading up to the main attraction. Step outside to watch the Lowering of the Pirate Wench at midnight, complete with a cannon shot.
- Reserve your spot on one of three sunset sails from Fury Cat. Chase one last sunset on the lively Commotion on the Ocean, or enjoy a romantic end to the evening on the Champagne Cruise.
- Head over to Mallory Square for the last Sunset Celebration of the year. This nightly festivity includes live music, street performers, vendors, and more. Make sure you get there early to find the perfect viewing spot.
- If you’re looking for more of a laidback evening, grab dinner at one of the incredible nearby restaurants. Cafe Sole is known for pan-seared hogfish, while El Siboney Restaurant is perfect for those craving Cuban cuisine. For more recommendations, stop by the front desk.
Reserve Your Final Vacation of the Year
Deciding to stay at Southernmost Inn means everything you need for a memorable New Year’s Eve in Key West is right at your fingertips. No matter where your adventures take you, rest easy knowing you have a secret hideaway to call home.
Our historic inn is tucked away in a quiet corner of Old Town. While you’ll still be close to countless attractions, we’re far enough removed to provide you with a tranquil oasis, complete with cozy accommodations and modern amenities. For more information about booking your stay or special offers, call 888-525-0037.