Sometimes, the journey to get to your vacation destination is as much fun as the vacation itself. If you find yourself making your way through Islamorada on your way to Southernmost Inn in Key West, spend some time exploring along the way. This stretch of Florida is filled with unique and entertaining attractions that everyone in the car will enjoy.
A Checklist of Stops to Explore on Your Mini Florida Road Trip
Islamorada, known as the Village of Islands, comprises several islands, so there is plenty to explore as you make the roughly three-hour drive to our Key West inn. Take your time as you explore the sights and activities you discover along the way.
- Wander around the Keys History & Discovery Center, which features exhibits that showcase the early culture and history of the Keys.
- Soak in the sunshine as you explore Long Key State Park. What was once a favorite tourist spot for the rich is now a tranquil escape for those looking to enjoy birdwatching, kayaking, and swimming.
- Visit the Dolphin Research Center in Grassy Key. Get an up-close look at dolphins and sea lions, or book your spot to go swimming with these majestic creatures.
- Crane Point Hammock has a little bit of everything. Wander the bird center or take in the exhibits found inside the museum. There are guided tours of the property available as well.
- See how hurt sea turtles are rehabilitated by stopping at the Turtle Hospital in Marathon. To visit, you need to be part of the guided educational programs, which run every 30 minutes and last 90 minutes.
Of course, once you arrive in Key West, the fun continues as you explore the activities and attractions that surround our Old Town inn.
Plan a Fun-Filled Florida Escape
By giving yourself to explore stops on your way from Islamorada to Key West, you are fully experiencing all that makes the Florida Keys so special. After making the drive, there’s nothing better than relaxing in your comfortable room in the Southern Inn. Our historic inn is located inside what was once a Francisco Marrero cigar factory. While the inn has all the modern amenities you could want, it still maintains much of the original architecture.
While close to Duval Street, our hotel is a tranquil place to call home. It features 38 newly renovated rooms in a variety of sizes and styles. Be sure to take advantage of our amenities like continental breakfast and pools to make the most out of your stay. Call 888-525-0037 to learn more about booking your stay or special offers.